TAILORMADE TRAVEL EXPLAINED
Trailfinders are the specialists in Tailormade travel, meaning that you can choose all the aspects of your holiday from where you want to go, to how you want to fly and where you want to stay. Experience the convenience of speaking with one of our knowledgeable, efficient consultants when planning and booking your perfect holiday.
Trailfinders take great care when selecting our suppliers to ensure our clients receive the best possible value for money. The prices shown are a guide and can change from time to time. Always call for the best price available for your holiday. Please note that some hotels may charge prices higher than those shown during very busy periods such as Christmas, New Year & Easter holidays or when special events and festivals are taking place. Prices are based on 2 adults sharing a room.
- All hotel prices are per room per night and are room only unless otherwise specified.
- Transfer and tour prices are per person and any additional inclusions such as sightseeing and meals are as detailed.
- All pre-payable taxes, service charges and resort fees.
- If a hotel or tour operator does levy an additional compulsory charge which cannot be pre-paid this will be clearly advised on this website, or upon confirmation of your booking if it has been introduced since the publication of this website.
What's Not Included?
- International or domestic flights (unless specified).
- Travel insurance – visit the insurance section for details of Trailfinders' comprehensive cover.
- Use of hotel facilities where these are not included in the price of the room. Most hotels charge for the use of gyms, kids’ clubs, internet connection, golf and other activities. If any facility is particularly important to you, please ask your travel consultant and we will endeavour to find out the approximate cost (this will remain subject to change without prior advice as such prices are controlled by the hotels).
- Cot charges where applicable.
- Meals, unless otherwise specified.
- Personal expenses.
- Passport and visa fees where required.
- Hotel parking, especially in the cities, is not always free.
Trailfinders provides a carefully selected choice of accommodation offering great value, with room prices per night (unless specified otherwise) and the flexibility to stay as long or as short a time as you like in any one place.
The Hotels and Resorts we offer range from great value for money choices through to top end luxury and style. All will have comfortable guest rooms and modern facilities, though in some major cities rooms may be small. They generally have their own restaurants and bar, with some leisure facilities on site or close by, as well as the services of a full staff.
Apartments, Villas & Cottages provide a perfect ‘home-from-home’ experience. With a lounge area, fully equipped kitchen or kitchenette and a variety of bedroom and sofa bed options they are great value for families or groups of friends to share.
Apartment Hotels offer the conveniences of apartments along with some of the facilities you would expect from a hotel.
Guest houses are smaller, privately run establishments where the range of services and facilities is likely to be less than those at a hotel or resort. Their location and design is often part of their appeal. Some do not have their own restaurant but we have generally selected these properties for self drive itineraries so local towns, attractions and amenities are close by.
African Lodges/Camps tend to be remotely located, often within national parks or game reserves. They have a unique appeal based on a combination of the location and the game drives and activities that are offered. The atmosphere is generally informal and relaxed, whilst maintaining high standards of service. The design is unique to each lodge/camp; some offer tented accommodation, some individual solid built rooms, some are modern design and others traditional - please see individual descriptions for further details.
Riads are traditional Moroccan houses which have been converted into guesthouses with bedrooms situated round a central garden or courtyard. Bedrooms are uniquely but generally tastefully decorated in local style and have en-suite bathroom facilities. Riads generally have a communal sitting area where breakfast and possibly some meals are served.
Please note: some properties have one of the above terms in their name when infact this is not how we describe them so please see individual property descriptions for further details.
Your Choice of Hotel
With over 40 years' experience you can rely on Trailfinders to recommend a wide range of accommodation to suit everyone’s budget and requirements. Using our own style of classification we grade the overall experience of the property, taking into consideration the standard of accommodation, facilities and service. When choosing your accommodation you should consider all the priorities for your stay as price alone is not a good indicator.
A city hotel, for example, may be more expensive than a if it is in a prime location. Classifications are unique to a destination and can reflect local or regional variations in quality and service, so a resort in a particular area may not be comparable with a elsewhere.
Trailfinders Classifications Guide
Modest accommodation with basic facilities, representing good value where price is the main priority.
Simple, comfortable accommodation and facilities offering good value for the destination.
Good standard of accommodation and/or facilities and overall a higher level of service may be expected.
High international standards of accommodation and facilities where luxury and quality of service are priorities.
Exceptional standards in all areas, which are attained by few hotels around the world.
Indicates that the property offers a higher than average level of accommodation and facilities when compared to other properties of the same classification.
Boutique Unique, often smaller properties which offer individual charm and are consequently very popular. They offer the standards of accommodation indicated by their classification but rooms may be smaller than average and not all facilities may be available.
Our Trailfinders classifications are for your guidance only and do not mirror any international 'star rating' system. In each case, the full description of the property should be read and used in conjunction with the classification indicated.
Your Choice of Room
There are some important considerations when making your decision about your hotel room.
How many people are going to be occupying the room?
- Prices shown in this brochure are for the occupancy of the room and do not relate to the number of beds available. Where a double (Dbl) room is shown the configuration may be 1 or occasionally 2 double beds, or in the case of a twin (Twn) room, 2 single beds or 1 double and a rollaway/sofa bed or occasionally 2 double beds.
- Where children are accommodated in their parents’ room, this will usually
mean sharing the existing beds although sometimes a rollaway/sofa bed is available.
Please ask for details of your chosen hotel. For older children it may be worth paying for another room to enjoy the benefit of additional space and beds. Ask your Trailfinders consultant to request rooms with an interconnecting door, although please note this cannot be guaranteed until you check in, as there are a limited number available at each property.
- The prices shown are generally for 2 adults sharing a room. Where possible we are happy to provide prices upon request for triple and quadruple occupancy. Please be aware that this will not mean that the room has 3 or 4 beds but refers to the number of people using the existing permanent beds so 2 adults may need to share 1 double bed (sometimes additional rollaway beds are also available but an additional charge may be payable locally). This can lead to rather cramped conditions. Consider whether the sleeping arrangements are suitable for everyone when booking.
What are the benefits of upgrading the room type?
- Where we offer more than one room type at a hotel it is always worth considering the benefits that come with the higher grade. Rooms may be larger, and may have balconies and city or sea views, all things, which can make your stay especially memorable and enjoyable. Some hotels offer several room types, and due to space limitations we are unable to feature all of them here. Please ask your Trailfinders travel consultant if you have a specific request or would like to know if additional room types are available.
Checking In and Checking Out
Check-in time varies from hotel to hotel, but is generally between 1pm and 4pm.
Hotels will usually require a credit card to be presented at check in. In most cases an imprint of the card will be taken. Some hotels will also obtain authorisation for a fixed amount from the credit card company and this amount will be frozen until check-out. Check-out is usually between 10am and 12pm.
Special Offers & Free Nights
We are delighted to offer a wide range of fantastic special offers. We are constantly updating our offers to ensure the best value possible, so always ask your consultant if there are any new offers available! To qualify for an offer your whole stay must be within the dates shown and all nights must be taken consecutively. Some hotels have more than one special offer but not all offers can be combined - you may have to choose which offer you would like to take advantage of. Whilst it is unlikely, offers are occasionally withdrawn or amended. This is very rare and amendments usually lead to new and improved offers. Please note that as hotels often have many different room types, where a hotel offers a complimentary room upgrade this will not necessarily be to the next room category featured in our brochure. Where possible however, we will inform you of the applicable category at the time of booking.
Many hotels are now either completely non-smoking or have only small dedicated area for smoking. If you would like to confirm the policy at your chosen hotels please ask your Trailfinders travel consultant and we will be happy to advise before you book. However, please be aware that many more hotels introduce a non-smoking policy each year and we are not always advised in advance. Many train and tour operators also have non-smoking policies.
We are happy to accept special requests and to convey this information to the hotel. Please note, however, that we cannot guarantee these requests, and in the case of adjoining or interconnecting rooms there is limited availability and these are subject to confirmation when you check in. Hotels will sometimes make special gestures for honeymooners or those with special anniversaries to celebrate. Please let us know at the time of booking.
In some destinations we offer a transfer service whereby you will be met at the airport by one of our local representatives carrying a Trailfinders branded welcome board before being transferred to your hotel. A shared transfer will mean you are travelling with other passengers and the vehicle will drop passengers off at a number of hotels. Private or limousine transfers will ensure that you are only travelling with your fellow passengers and are taken directly to your hotel. This service offers peace of mind so after a long flight you do not have to worry about finding and negotiating a taxi, any language barriers and having the correct local currency to pay the fare but obviously our pre booked private transfers often cost more than if you simply took a local taxi.